Each year, Missoula Children's Theatre drives a little red truck all the way from Montana to the Schauer Center. Two professional MCT tour actor/directors hold public auditions, casting between 60 to 70 local school-age children in an hour-long original musical. The cast rehearses for a week and then performs a fully staged and costumed show.
The excellence of MCT productions, along with their unique and acclaimed teaching methods, result in the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. For parent FAQs, visit the Missoula Children's Theatre website.
August 13-18, 2018
The time is simply long ago and the place is the magical, mythical Sherwood Forest. Our hero, Robin Hood, and his Merry Band of colorful characters seek the help of the Foresters, manage to waylay the Artistocats, and set out to rescue Maid Marion and her Maid. Prince John tries to stay calm as his Sheriff, guards and horsemen botch Robin’s arrest thanks to the aromatics Skunks. Wacky humor and an original score add to this fresh new look at a legendary outlaw in a legendary time.
Auditions: Monday, August 13 at 10:00 am (Registration starts at 9:30 am). For those entering Grades 1-12.
- FREE and required for participation
- NO pre-registrations or reservations
- All students must complete a School of the Arts waiver form in order to audition. Waivers are availabe on the day of auditions or at any time during Box Office Hours
- We recommend arriving at 9:30 am on audition day to fill out paperwork
- Late arrivals will NOT be admitted
- Group audition which lasts 90-120 mins
- Run by Missoula staff members
- There is nothing to prepare ahead of time
- Please dress professionally but comfortably
- There will be approx. 60-70 students cast into the show
Tuition: $65 for those cast in production. Tuition fee includes enrollment in one MCT workshop and one complimentary ticket to a performance.
Instructors: Missoula Children’s Theatre faculty
Location: Schauer Center
Rehearsals: Monday-Friday, August 13-17, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm & 12:30 - 2:30 pm.
Students must be available for all rehearsal days and times in order to audition. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be distributed to the cast following auditions.
Fri., August 17 · 7:00 pm
Sat., August 18 · 2:00 pm
Tickets: Adult $13, Student $8, Child (12& under) $6, Lap (3 & under) $4