Each year, Missoula Children's Theatre drives a little red truck all the way from Montana to the Schauer Center. Two professional MCT tour actor/directors hold public auditions, casting between 60 to 70 local school-age children in an hour-long original musical. The cast rehearses for a week and then performs a fully staged and costumed show.
The excellence of MCT productions, along with their unique and acclaimed teaching methods, result in the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. For parent FAQs, visit the Missoula Children's Theatre website.
August 12 - 17, 2019
With his ship wrecked and his computer on the fritz, brave explorer Gulliver finds himself lost in space with nothing but an Invisible Force to guide him! Tune in as this sci-fi spin of Gulliver’s Travels takes you out of this world!
Auditions: Monday, August 12 at 10:00 am (Registration starts at 9:30 am). For those entering Grades 1-12.
- FREE and required for participation
- NO pre-registrations or reservations
- All students must complete a School of the Arts waiver form in order to audition. Waivers are availabe on the day of auditions or at any time during Box Office Hours
- We recommend arriving at 9:30 am on audition day to fill out paperwork
- Late arrivals will NOT be admitted
- Group audition which lasts 90-120 mins
- Run by Missoula staff members
- There is nothing to prepare ahead of time
- Please dress professionally but comfortably
- There will be approx. 60-70 students cast into the show
Tuition: $70 for those cast in production. Tuition fee includes enrollment in one MCT workshop and one complimentary ticket to a performance.
Instructors: Missoula Children’s Theatre faculty
Location: Schauer Center
Rehearsals: Mon, August 12 through Fri, August 16 between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
Students must be available for all rehearsal days and times in order to audition. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be distributed to the cast following auditions.
Fri., August 16 · 7:00 pm
Sat., August 17 · 2:00 pm
Tickets: Adult $13, Student $8, Child (12& under) $6, Lap (3 & under) $4